Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Diaper Changes

Some kids enjoy diaper changes, like Ryan's cousin Emma. She hates being wet and starts to giggle when she realizes that her diaper is about to be changed. Not Ryan... he usually screams through the whole experience.

Now I debated on the appropriateness of this post. If you do not like descriptions of diaper changes or think that poop is gross do not continue reading. If you are a mom or would like to laugh at me please continue.



It started out as a very calm diaper change which is a rare thing in our house. I apparently should have waited about 5 minutes before I started this one...
... So I lay Ryan down and start the normal diaper change. I am wiping him off when he starts to poop. Thinking it would just be a little gas I try to catch it in the wipe... quickly realizing that my wipe is very insufficient I reach for a cloth diaper and stick it under him. Having recently moved back to our apartment we do not have a garbage can in the baby room (why I have no idea). And the wipe is so dirty I don't want to put it down.
I sprint to the kitchen garbage and throw the wipe in. I get back to Ryan and see that his face is a little wet. Thinking it is just spit up I reach for our last newborn sized diaper. It was then I realize that it was pee, not spit-up and indeed he had gotten everything in the pack-and-play (where I was changing him) wet, including himself. I grab the pack of ones and fish one out of the plastic casing and notice that it is very big on him.
After wrestling with it for a second I realize the back is slimy. I had not gotten all of the poop off of the changing area and the back of the diaper is now covered in it. Off the diaper comes and at this point Ryan has had enough and starts screaming. Finally two disposable and two cloth diapers later he is ready for the day. (Amazingly the outfit I had laid out never got dirty)

After we get back from the doctor's I will find a garbage can for that room.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that sounds typical. Betcha you were both...no don't say it...pooped after that diapering experience. ;}

    ReplyDelete